Everything you need to know about why we do or don't charge you VAT
We are a UK registered company, Portal 47 Ltd, therefore we do not charge Spanish IVA.
If your business is registered in the EU we will not charge UK VAT because the place of supply of our service is in an EU country, therefore we do not pay UK VAT.
If your business is registered in the UK we will charge you VAT because the place of supply to our services is in the UK, therefore we pay UK VAT.The place of supply is where the customer belongs. You belong in the UK if:
- your business establishment (your head office or only office) is in the UK, and you have no fixed establishments (subsidiary offices or agencies) in other countries
- your business establishment is in the UK and you have fixed establishments in other countries, but the UK office is the one mainly concerned with supplying services
- your business establishment is not in the UK but you have a fixed establishment here which is the one where you supply services from
- you do not have either a business or fixed establishment in the UK or elsewhere, but your business is a corporate body (for example, a limited company) which is registered in the UK.
- you do not have a business or fixed establishment in the UK, or anywhere else, but the UK is your usual place of residence
For further information, we highly recommend you take advice from your accountant with regards to your own VAT.